Who doesn’t love to get massages but the thing is we don’t have much time to go to a massage therapist due to work and family commitment. However, since technology has changed our lives, we can now a have massage at our home. Now, the question that arises – how do you get a massage at home? Well, if you have a massage chair, you could just sit and get a fine massage session at your convenient time. At this point, you might be wondering – are massage therapist is not a good solution?
To make things easier for you, we are going to compare and contrast between a massage therapist and a massage chair to ensure you can understand the finer details of both of these options. So, let’s move forward and read the article carefully.
Massage Therapists vs Massage Chair: Which is better?
When you compare a massage therapist and a massage chair to get the answer – ‘which is better?’ you have to understand that a massage chair cannot replace a massage chair in many aspects. For example – with a massage therapist, you would get a human touch, which releases endorphins. These endorphins will relieve your stress and they would bring the same feeling of cuddling with your partner.
Furthermore, a massage therapist can offer you specific and personalized massage treatment. In fact, they will communicate with you to make sure your muscles are relieved from pressure. As for a massage chair, they can also provide you with an individualized massage treatment. You just have to set the parameters using a remote control and it will start treating you with various massage programs. For instance – you can target specific muscle groups for your massage sessions. Most importantly, you won’t have to deal with miscommunication like you can have with a massage therapist. In truth, a massage chair will do exactly what you will ask for it.
In that sense, a massage therapist and a massage chair have greater benefits for specific situations.
Massage Therapists vs. Massage Chairs: The Goods and the Bads
Below, you will find the pros and cons of using a massage therapist and massage chairs –
Massage Therapists: The Goods
- According to studies, the human touch is significant any kind of massage therapy. The physical touches send signals to the nervous systems and endocrine system. Both of these activate various neurons. Thus, they release stress by relieving the hormones to ease off the pain.
- A massage therapist can warm up the body using some lotion or oil. This technique can help the nervous system to relax and activate the neurons, which warm up the muscles. Thus, they prepare the muscles for an actual therapy session.
Massage Therapists: The Bads
- If you want a massage therapy in the middle of a night, you would not find one. Therefore, massage therapists are not available all the time.
- Most of us are busy in our lives with either work or study. In that case, we cannot find the right time out of our busy schedule to go to a massage therapist. This is one of the biggest problems of going to a massage therapist.
Massage Chairs: The Goods
- All massage chairs have built-in personalized programs, which will help you target the specific problem areas of your body’s muscles.
- Massage chairs are easy-to-use and you can use them at any time at your home.
- Massage chairs are also comfortable, providing you with appropriate posture to enjoy a relaxing session.
Massage Chairs: The Bads
- With a massage chair, you won’t get any human touch. In that case, your nervous system will not function as it will do with a massage therapist.
- Massage chairs use an electromagnetic radiation, which can cause cancer. Therefore, massage chairs can do more harm than good.
The bottom line is it doesn’t matter if you use the services of a massage therapist or get a massage chair to make yourself relax. The only thing that matters is your comfort. So, choose whatever option you like the most and let us know why you would select that option in the comments below.